Friday 28 August 2009

Who Is Tom Baker

I'm overjoyed to report that Tom Baker has returned to the role of the Doctor for a series of five interlinked audio plays written by Paul Magrs, in which the Timelord's retreat to a sleepy Sussex village proves anything but relaxing. Who enthusiasts will be pleased to know that Mike Yates (played by Richard Franklin) will be playing a major part in these adventures. I always liked Yates - thoroughly decent sort, good to have him back.

I must confess, audiobooks are not usually my 'thing', but I may have to make an exception in this case! The BBC are to be commended for the packaging of these releases, which echoes the classic design of the Target novelisations. It's also very pleasing to see what I consider the definitive Who logo back in use.

More details here.