Friday 28 August 2009

Winchester Hospital Radio

I'd like to draw your attention to the website of Winchester Hospital Radio. Here you can donate money to what is undoubtedly a very good cause and also purchase some rather splendid CDs, such as Watch With Teacher, a 2CD collection of musical cues taken from TV for schools, spanning from the late 1960s to the early 1980s.

I've been disc jockeying, believe it or not! Just the other day, I guested on Jonny Mugwump's marvellous Resonance FM show, playing hits past, future and sideways from Broadcast, Harry Thumann, Thomas Dolby and others, with live music provided by the rather wonderful Italian beat group Father Murphy (whose music, to these ears, betrays the influence of Morricone and Goblin, although my partner thinks they sound like Fly Pan Am). Listen here - but forgive my lack of expertise on the faders. It's been a wee while since my voice last sailed out over the airwaves!